I tasted Salted Cucumber Lassi in one of the juice houses near OMR road in Chennai. Fell in love with it and tried instantly. Chennai now has delayed monsoon arrival and whole place is very hot in the noon. With cooling effect from both curd and cucumber, what can be more soothing than cool cucumber Lassi. I like Cucumber a lot because it is very filling. Have you realized that after have cucumber salad you will not feel hungry for atleast an hour. It is due to its high water content and soluble fiber. Made this drink yesterday noon and my entire family loved it.
Made with cucumber as primary ingredient, this dish is for all diet and health conscious people. Here is the simple recipe on this. The drink is versatile and you can add your creativity and innovation to make it. Do try and let me know your feedback on this recipe.
Salted Cucumber Lassi – Yogurt Cucumber Salted drink
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Beverage
Prep time: 10 Mins | Cooking time: 5 Mins | Serves: 2
Cucumber Peeled – 2 Nos
Curd – 1 Cup
Water – ½ Cup
Ginger (peeled and Shredded) – 1’’ long piece
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves/Mint leaves – To garnish
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Serve in a tall glass
- You can omit ginger if you do not have, but it adds zest to the drink.
- Replace curd with plain yogurt if need be. Adjust salt then.
- You can add jeera powder, Mint leaves, Chat masala and Chilli if you like the taste.
- In this recipe, I had not added Ginger but included in the recipe as it would taste good instead I replaced salt with black salt.