Here is a simple and tasty recipe on Chayote Soup. Chayote called Chow-Chow is a versatile vegetable. It is highly nutritious and is very good for health. Yesterday when I went to local market, I picked up few Chayotes.
I make a soup every day and give it to my kids as part of their breakfast. Given the chores in the morning hours, I prefer soup recipes that are simple to make and palatable for kids. Today I made them into creamy, delicious soup.
Here is a tip on buying Chayote. When selecting Chayote, look for the ones that are tender with no thrones. If the ends of the Chayote are split, it means that they are matured. Matured ones will not have taste and would take longer time to cook. Store them in a cool dry place, it would stay for a week. I store them in refrigerator in the door side compartment.
Crème of Chayote Soup
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Soup/Starter
Prep time: 5 Mins | Cooking time: 20 Mins | Serves: 4
Chayote – 4 nos
Milk – 200 Ml
Salt – 1Tsp
Pepper – As per taste
Hot Water – 500 ml
Basil – A pinch
- Peel Chayote and remove the centre part which contains the seed. Roughly chop them in pieces.
- Pressure cook the pieces for 10 min, till they are fully done. Allow Chayote to cool.
- Blend Choyote in the mixer to a smooth paste. Add milk to the paste and give it a quick stir.
- Add salt, pepper and Basil. Give it a stir and serve.
Dilute soup as per taste. Your creamy soup is ready.
Tips and Notes:
- You can add crème to the soup to give it rich texture. I generally have the boiled milk handy in the kitchen. I just add milk with the crème that would have already formed in the milk.
Have you tried this recipe? Please share your feedback to me and your feedback is important to me. I shall respond to you for any queries you may have on this.
Related: Do try Carrot soup recipe too