As a working mother, I have the constraint that I have my entire family with me only in the morning hours. In the evening time, my grown up children have their classes and husband has his own work to attend to. Even I become tired after coming back from office. To ensure nutrition, I prepare a simple basic soup everyday morning. Here is a simple, easy to make soup you would love to make.
Basic Carrot Soup
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Soup/Starter
Prep time: 5 Mins | Cooking time: 20 Mins | Serves: 2
Carrots – 250g
Milk – 100 Ml
Sugar – 1 pinch
Salt – 1Tsp
Pepper – As per taste
Basil – A pinch
- Roughly chop the carrots and add it in the pan. Add water with a pinch of sugar and close lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes till carrots are fully done. I use my small pressure cooker to cook carrots and cook for one or two whistle.
- Let the carrots cool down. Blend carrots to a fine paste without any lumps.
- Add milk and dilute to soup consistency by adding water.
- Add salt, pepper and Basil. Give it a stir and serve.
Your colorful and creamy soup is ready.
Tips and Notes:
- Cooking the carrots well and perfect blending is necessary as we do not strain the soup.
- Cooked carrots have a smell which my family does not like. Hence you need to add some strong flavoring substance. Instead of Basil, you can use any other Italian flavorings also.
- If you do not have any flavors, add a bay leaf with the carrot while cooking. Remember to take it out before blending.
- Adding a pinch of sugar, helps in retaining color of carrot.
- While adding hot water makes it piping hot, I add only normal water to the soup. In the morning hours, it saves time to cool and drink.